Tuesday, October 15, 2013

celebrate the journey

Over the past few months a friend from high school and myself have found each other once more and working on growing the friendship we once had. We had lost contact over the years and I guess grew apart a bit. I am so glad that her and I are in each others lives again and I was even more excited for the "request" she asked of me recently...

She asked me for some help. She too is on the journey to a healthy life and needed a friend to hold her hand along the way. To think that someone who I care about and respect so much would come to me for help with such a sensitive topic I truthfully was taken back and even got a little emotional.

It made me reflect upon how far I myself have come. Made me think about my own journey, the goals i met, and the goals i am still working on. It made me realize that by motivating and helping others I myself am becoming more focused and motivated. It even made me think of all the other people either face to face or over the internet that I would love to help. I know how it is to feel unhealthy, to feel sad, to feel like you will never reach your fitness goal, to feel alone, to be told by doctors that you are at major risk due to obesity.

me at my heaviest of 210 lbs. and me yesterday 10/14/2013 (approx 122-124)


I am so excited to not only help one of my oldest friends by to see her progress, to remind her that she can do it, to be there to tell her tomorrow is a new day for a fresh start, and most of all to take a step back and realize that I have gotten to the point in my own journey that I can offer advice yet still seek motivation from my own inspirations.

Sometimes I do tend to get so caught up in the negative, so caught up in the goals I have not yet met that I don't take the time to celebrate the journey thus far.   SO this post is dedicated to the old friend who without even knowing it caused me to smile a little bigger this week as I celebrated my own journey and the excitement for hers!

No comments:

Post a Comment