Saturday, October 5, 2013

welcome to my journey

I am guessing the best place to start would be the beginning. I decided to create this blog as an outlet for me to post about my fitness journey, my past struggles, and my current joys.

I have struggled with my weight since I can remember. I was the kid in kindergarten who got picked last (if at all) to be on the teams in gym and the kid who got made fun of when she ran in gym. All of this really added to my low self esteem and I spent majority of my childhood eating for comfort (which did not help the situation)

Being over weight is something i can relate to and identify with.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
2010

In 2007 an amazing man came into my life and I honestly used to think to myself "why does he even like me?" "how can a man so perfect find me to be attractive?" Thinking back now I know that there is a long list of reasons why my husband was sent to me, and I will forever be thankful. In 2010 my husband was diagnosed with diabetes. I think through out our relationship we had both fallen into bad habits and were both very unhealthy and had each gained about 40 pounds in a very short period of time. I was at my heaviest at 208 pounds. Knowing how hard it would be for him to change his eating habits and basically his entire life style in order to try and live a healthier life (especially knowing he was a diabetic) I figured I loved him enough to jump on this journey with him. They say it is easier to do something like this with a friend and I knew that this was where I had to be a friend and step up to the plate for the man I loved.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
july 2010

Over the course of the last 2 years I have lost nearly 90 LBS. but have gained much more. I have gained confidence which I never had. I have gained knowledge on serving size, meal prep, healthy ways of re-creating my favorite not so healthy meals, and most of all I have gained the motivation to continue this lifestyle.  
 I have went from almost a size 20 to a size 2 and when I think about it I want to cry because for the first time I truly have accomplished a goal that has been hanging over me my entire life.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
this is from this past july 2013
And so here we go! welcome to my journey.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to do this! You are a great inspiration, not only your progress, but also your commitment to your husband and taking the journey together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and your new blog! Way to go! :) Loving what I've already read -- always know that you are such an inspiration to me and many others. Good luck with your blog and keep the posts comin'! -abvickrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your posts on MFP so much and I know I will enjoy your blog too. You are one of few people to ever make the journey and transformation you have. I love your candor. I think you were just born to write. You are such a gem and I am so happy to have you in my life. You make my dark days survivable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work.... very inspiring indeed.... love the transformation. I am trying to lose weight using MFP and whenever I lose focus I take inspiration from people like you.

    ReplyDelete