Tuesday, October 22, 2013

some days we have to listen to our body..

A few weeks ago I had to leave work early to get root canal done. I thought it would be one appointment but turns out I have to go back for part two and then a part three to have a crown put on.

when i left the dentists office I was all numb and from not eating for hours i was beginning to feel dizzy too (and i couldn't eat for another hour from that time). i have to say the needles (i got four or five) did not feel nice, although after the second one i didn't feel the others as much. But the root canal itself was painless (after all the needles i should hope so). Once the numbness wore off when i got home it was sore and slightly uncomfortable but tolerable.

Point is life passed me this "curve ball" (although really nothing super out of the ordinary meaning people get root canals every day) and it prevented me from eating my normal days meal plan and from going to the gym. This frustrated me and upset me. I sat the next day still debating if I will feel 100% to take my boxing class and the truth is that sometimes in life things happen. This is why I always stress that this is a life style change. I am not on a short term plan or diet. So if I have a legitimate reason for not getting to the gym it is important to remind myself that it is OKAY. That the next day will be a new day, that next week will begin a new week, and so on.

With that said I would like to say I am unsure how I am going to last 3 weeks + with no crunchy, or hard foods. I will miss my chia chips (these are my new obsession and they are kind of pricy in super markets near me however I found a store near work that sells them for much cheaper) and my granola, and trail mix. BUT I am going to keep my head up and think positive.

xoxox

obsessed with these things! so yummy, and as long as you stay within the serving size they are a good snack and for sure worth the calories (all my opinion of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment