Sunday, October 13, 2013

the down fall to perfect weekends in that they come to an end

So it has for sure been a few days. Life has been a little crazy around here.

This past weekend myself along with my husband, fur baby, my best friend, and her boyfriend all went to Cape May, NJ. We rented cabins at Ponderosa  http://www.ponderosacampground.com/ and had the BEST weekend ever. We laughed, cried, had long talks, and got to spend quality time together which we unfortunately do not get to do often.

What I learned during my journey to being healthy and fit is we still need to take the time to enjoy life. This weekend I ate and drank SO MANY things that on a normal day I would not even consider. I woke up this morning and I felt guilty. I started thinking of all the calories I consumed and I began to feel pretty bad. My perfect fun calm relaxing happy weekend was about to be pushed to the side and instead I was about to hate myself for all the bad things I consumed. That was when I reeled myself back in. How crazy does it sound to beat yourself up for having fun?! We all deserve and need weekends away with friends. We all need to have a hand full (or bowl full rather) of Doritos from time to time, we all deserve a cold Captain Morgan and Diet Ginger ale between friends.

And so I guess what I can say I walked away from this weekend learning is: 1. there is nothing in the world greater than a best friend. A person who you know will always remind you how amazing you are when you yourself forget. 2. This journey has no end, I began this journey telling myself that this is a lifestyle change and I therefore will not beat myself up for living life. and lastly 3. Making memories with my own little family makes me feel inner piece that I am unable to put into words.

And so I am thankful this Sunday evening. Thankful for my family, my friends, and the journey I have embarked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment